Updated Website Notice

This blog will be ending soon. All future and past posts will be available at http://stentzelphotography.com/blog. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Photos from Juaziero

This older woman obviously was flattered by the fact that I took her picture. As I was shooting I kept wondering what stories she could tell me if we could have lingered there.


During the last few days of our trip we decided to go explore the dry "sertao" areas of northern Bahia. Logically Juaziero was my first choice. This boy lives in a small settlement outside of the city. He is collecting trash to recycle for money. Behind him you can see his family's mud home. The land that they live on they do not own, they simply built there and claimed it as their own.

No comments: