Updated Website Notice

This blog will be ending soon. All future and past posts will be available at http://stentzelphotography.com/blog. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joshua Tree Night Photography





This last weekend my friend Mike and I took a random trip in the middle of the night to Joshua Tree National Park. It was my first time there and his first time doing night photography. After the 2 and a half hour drive, seeing the landscape and amazing stars, I knew it was worth the drive. It is possibly my new fav place to do night shots. We also were surrounded by coyotes... 4 or 5... really close...Mike asked in a panic if he could run to the car...I appreciated that he didn't just up and leave me without asking...such a gentleman. But we were brave enough to keep shooting through the night...just in a place down the road a bit.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

I LOVE joshua trees. For one, they only live in the American Southwest, and two, they were from the time of dinosaurs. The funkiest mothers this side of the plant kingdom.

kdstentzel said...

these are beautiful Nick! I'm glad you guys didn't get eaten by coyotes :)

Sebastian Wallace said...

These photos are go great! The stars are so vast and clear.