Updated Website Notice

This blog will be ending soon. All future and past posts will be available at http://stentzelphotography.com/blog. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vertical is the new horizontal



I suspect that what few people we did run into during our night photography adventures in Singapore already thought we were crazy before I started taking pictures of the underside of a freeway. Sacrifice sanity for art is my motto! I always find it very fascinating that every location I shoot begs to either be almost completely composed horizontally or vertically. I have wondered if it depends on my mood that day or the subject matter. Singapore however is without a doubt, a vertical city. The looming architecture, beautiful trees and always changing sky make vertical shooting seem almost mandatory in every set up. See what I mean!?

2 comments:

Lindsey Stallings said...

oh my gosh the highway photo is GORGEOUS.

LJ said...

love this photo