Updated Website Notice

This blog will be ending soon. All future and past posts will be available at http://stentzelphotography.com/blog. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Uganda Part 2

I have had a few friends recently ask me how I or any other portrait/doc photographer manages to take photos of so many random people. Do you ask permission for everyone or just shoot and let the person deal with it. How do you get such direct honest shots verses subtle candid moments. I tend to subscribe to the rule of shoot first then apologize/play dumb, if the person notices you: then snap before they can react or encourage them to look into the lens and go for directness. There is no law against public photography in any country I have been too...unless the person has a gun...thats trouble and another story. (Never shoot anything near a bridge in Uganda, this is bad mojo)

No comments: