Updated Website Notice

This blog will be ending soon. All future and past posts will be available at http://stentzelphotography.com/blog. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Dennis

Apologies for an absent presence on the blog last week. I ended up going last minute to photograph the Channel Islands. It was a great experience, I can't wait to post some of the stuff soon enough.

The image above is from an old contact sheet that I found. Its one of the first assignments I shot for my first black and white class. (notice the fixer spots) Its also cool to see the snow coming down in the photo. Many who might know Provo will likely recognize Dennis, he could be seen almost daily walking University avenue from River Woods almost down to Town Center. Every time I would see him I'd stop and give him a granola bar and chat for a little while. Perhaps thats why he finally let me take his picture! He has some great stories to tell.

3 comments:

Spenturion said...

I was walking with you when you took this picture... I can't remember where we were going, but I remember you stopping and talking to him before asking if you could take his picture.

Mike + Mo said...

This looks like a pic out of natgeo. I love portraits like this. It makes you stop to think about how different you life is from that person, and makes you think how they got where they are now.

And yes I remember him. Totally an Icon of Provo! Is that the Riv behind him?

Nick Stentzel said...

Totally the Riv!